<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.athoughtandahalf.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

15 April 2015

Sisterhood of the World Blogger Award!

My lovely friend Erica (Looking to the Stars) has so graciously nominated me for the "Sisterhood of the World" Blogger Award! So that's really cool...thank you Erica! She's given me 10 questions to answer, so let's get to it!



1. What is your most favorite movie & why?

The Sound of Music, always and forever. It's the first movie I really remember watching with my mom (that wasn't a Disney movie) and even as a child, I loved the songs. The historical significance didn't register with me until I was much older, but even until then, I could appreciate the music and the story. And, well, Julie Andrews is in it. 



2. Looking back on your life, what are you most proud of?

Honestly, just getting to where I am today is something I'm proud of. It's something anyone should be proud of! Sometimes just taking a moment to reflect and think about how far you've come is all you need to realize how awesome your life is. 


3. Are you doing what you love? If not, what would you rather be doing?

Well, considering I'm still in school (but only for another 6 weeks)... I'm not sure how to answer this question. From my sophomore year of college, I knew I wanted to pursue my Master's degree, so in the sense, then yes, I'm doing what I wanted to do. And I do like my program and what I'm doing here. Career wise... well, I'm not there yet. Ask me again in about five years! 


4. Describe your perfect Sunday.

Sunny, warm, sitting outside reading, writing or blogging, with a glass of sweet tea in my hand! If it's rainy, I'll be doing the same thing inside, with a cup of something hot, and with Netflix, the Food Network or a Disney movie on in the background. 


5. Quiz: Which Plastic are you?

Apparently I'm Cady Heron! 

Don't know what "Plastic" means? Go watch Mean Girls (or this) right now. 

6. What's your full name and the story behind it?

I don't want to give my full name on here, but I will say I'm named after my mom and my mom's grandmother, and that "Kate" is a shortened form of one of those names! We like to keep our names in the family. 

7. What would you like your next vacation to be?

As much as I'd love to go back to Europe, there are so many places in the States I'd love to see or revisit, like San Antonio, New Orleans and Napa Valley. Aside from those, I think it's time to go somewhere warm and tropical. My parents love Bermuda and the Cayman Islands (they've been there a few times for some of Dad's work trips, and they went to Bermuda once before I was born). 

8. If you could ask Santa for anything in the world, what would it be?

To snuggle with a penguin, just for a day. 
See? He's just looking for some snuggle time.

9. What do you love most about blogging?

Of course I love the networking aspect and being able to connect and meet so many wonderful ladies (and even a few gents!) through our places on the Internet. But I do love the freedom I have to share my thoughts and my voice with y'all, and y'all still love me anyway! I like calling myself a "lifestyle" blogger because I don't feel limited in what I can write about. See what I did there? 

10. When you hear the word "happy," what is the first thing that comes to mind?

This, always:


Now it's my turn to nominate seven wonderful bloggers! My nominees are:


Jordan @ Jordan in Pearls
Ashley @ Ashley Lately
Amanda @ The EA's Guide to Life
Katie @ Twin Stripe
Erica @ Coming Up Roses
Gina @ Gina Alyse
Mia @ The Chronicles of Chaos
And y'alls questions are...

1. What was your dream job when you were 5 years old?
2. What's something you're irrationally afraid of?
3. What's one thing you can cook or bake from scratch and nail it every time?
4. What's your favorite social network & why?
5. Take this quiz: Which Disney Sidekick Should Be Your Sidekick? 
6. Do you have a good luck charm? Tell us about it!
7. Does your family have a favorite vacation destination? What is it?
8. How often do you get a manicure and/or pedicure? What's the wildest color/design you've ever gotten?
9. Who's on your concert bucket list?
10. What's a fashion trend of the past that you're ashamed you once embraced? 
Happy Blogging, y'all!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home