<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.athoughtandahalf.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

30 March 2015

Spring Break 2k15 Road Trips

After a wonderful week of traveling around the southeast, I am back to finish up my last semester of grad school. My spring break travels were fun, exciting, frustrating, patience-testing and everything in between (thanks, Atlanta traffic). 

I started my spring break going west to Nashville (after stopping to meet my aunt for lunch in western North Carolina). My wonderful boyfriend Kevin lives and works out there now, and I've been doing some job hunting in the Nashville area, so going out there seemed fitting. Also, Kevin and I hadn't seen each other since his graduation back in December. That needed to be fixed.

On my first day out there, Kevin and I made a day-adventure down to Lynchburg, the home of the one and only Jack Daniels Distillery. We both enjoy a whiskey drink every now and then and have always wanted to see where our alcohol of choice comes from. 





Fun fact: Moore County (where Lynchburg is located) is actually a dry county. Prohibition in the early 20th century can be blamed for that. But there are special laws that allow them to make the whiskey and sell it in certain ways (by the fifth, for instance), so it's all good!



The next day, Kevin showed me around Downtown Nashville and took me to some of his favorite spots.  I'd last been to Nashville almost 10 years ago, so it was fun to see some of the sights again, and to explore new ones, like the Green Brier Distillery








The second half of the week, I went down to Atlanta to revisit my old friends and my favorite spots around the city. I loved getting together with my friends, old dance teacher, and my wonderful editor (and now dear friend) Lauren from PrettySouthern.com! We had an awesome dinner at a restaurant called Chicken + the Egg. I already can't wait to eat there again. 

The last day of my trip, I made my way downtown to the World of Coca-Cola with my friend from grad school, and the Georgia Aquarium. Seriously I'm in love with both of these places. Hire me?! 











It's always hard to leave Atlanta after such an awesome visit. I love everything about this city. But real talk, I'd be happy to live in Atlanta or Nashville...both have so much to offer and I wouldn't complain either way.

Until next time, dear Southern charmed cities. Hopefully it won't be much longer!


How did you spend your spring break this year?

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home