<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.athoughtandahalf.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

14 August 2014

Easy Dinner: Taco Rice Bake

Y'all, this is one of my favorite dinners I've ever made on my own. I'd been craving Mexican food for a week or so, but didn't know exactly where to go or what to do. Then this idea came to me. I'd seen taco pasta casseroles, so I figured doing a taco rice casserole couldn't be much different. 

Here is my result! I hope it's as good for y'all as it was for me. 


Easy Taco Rice Bake

1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained

1 package Uncle Ben's microwave rice

1 8-oz. package cream cheese

Taco seasoning to taste

Other spices, to taste

Your favorite taco toppings 


Cook the ground beef on the stovetop. Drain and add taco seasoning and other spices, to taste; I used about a third of the package. Cook the rice in the microwave according to the instructions. You can certainly use regular rice if you'd like. I just had microwave rice on hand and used it. 

When those are both cooked, let them cool briefly, and then combine them in a large bowl. Let the cream cheese soften and then add it to the beef and rice mixture. Add more taco seasoning if you wish. Pour mixture into a lightly greased casserole dish. Top with grated cheese.

Bake in a 350-degree oven for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted. Serve with your favorite taco toppings. Mine happen to be Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream), a little bit of salsa, and fresh avocado! 


Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At August 29, 2014 at 1:48 PM , Anonymous mighty hands of zeus said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home