<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.athoughtandahalf.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

01 July 2014

Easy Blueberry Drop Biscuits

I don't know about you, but I'm not always a huge breakfast person. Usually a bowl of berries and a granola bar will suffice, but there is the occasional morning when I want something more than that. Time is often my enemy, though; I'm either rushing out the door to class at school, or work at home (or at school). What about something easy I can make the night before and grab on my way out? Or something for that Saturday morning when I want something tasty, but don't want to make a (huge) mess in the kitchen?
My idea came straight from the back of the Bisquick box. I used that recipe as my base and added my own flavors and touches to--as my favorite celebrity chef Emeril Lagasse used to say--kick it up a notch. 
Easy Blueberry Drop Biscuits

1 1/2 cups Bisquick mix
2/3 cup cold milk
1/2 - 3/4 cup halved blueberries
Mix above ingredients together to form a thick dough. Spoon onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle a little sugar on top of each biscuit. Bake in 450-degree oven for 10 minutes.


This made five scone-sized biscuits. And they were delicious. If you prefer sweeter biscuits, you can drizzle them with honey when they come out, or add some sugar or honey to the dough. 



However you do it, they're sure to come out wonderfully. You can add any kind of fruit you want to the dough...I was just in a blueberry mood last weekend. 

Happy baking!

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

At July 6, 2014 at 12:15 PM , Blogger girl C said...

I am definitely going to try these sometime! I generally hate breakfast altogether, but i know it's important to start eating something right away in the morning to get my metabolism started, and this looks pretty easy and simple!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home