<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.athoughtandahalf.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

13 February 2015

How We Met

Some of my favorite stories to hear are how people meet their significant others. People meet their soulmates in the strangest ways, under the craziest circumstances, and those are the stories I love to hear. 

In the spirit of Valentine's Day approaching, and love being in the air this month, today I'm featuring stories about how my friends met their boyfriends, girlfriends and husbands. I hope they put smiles on your faces, just like they did mine. 
how we met, love stories

I'm also doing this as part of the Valentine's Day linkup with Helene in Between. And yes, I did ask these people to tell me their stories, so these came straight from the couples! 


KATE & KEVIN

He lived down the hall from my freshman-year boyfriend. I knew him in passing, because he would hang out in my then-boyfriend's room sometimes. After that boyfriend and I stopped seeing each other, I didn't see Kevin anymore. He appeared in my English class that spring, then in a media class spring semester of sophomore year. That was when we became good friends. Our junior year, we got really close, and I kind of started to wonder... but I pushed the thoughts away and convinced myself that it was wrong to have feelings for my best friend. Toward the end of junior year and into the fall of our senior year, we started going on "dates that weren't actually dates," even though they probably should've been. Eventually we fell into a "gray area," and at the end of that semester, we finally realized what needed to happen. Almost 14 months later, we're wonderfully happy!

EMILY & DJ 

Emily and DJ met for the first time via Skype in their junior year of college. "He was roommates with one of my friends from high school, who went to a different college than me. I was Skyping with him one night, and DJ passed by in the background. We said 'hey,' but didn't really talk more than that." A few months later, during another Skype session with her friend, DJ reappeared, and this time they chatted. Later, DJ acquired Emily's phone number from his roommate, and started talking to Emily on his own. They have now been together for two years! 





CAROLINE & ALEX

Caroline and Alex met on January 23, 2013. "I reluctantly went to a party with my roommate. I felt quite out of place in an apartment full of people I didn't know. Never did I believe I would meet my now boyfriend there." They met at the party and started talking. "I promised him that we would go to Jimmy John's the next day to visit my roommate at work. We hadn't exchanged numbers yet, and I was too embarrassed to just go knock on his door." Alex later got Caroline's number from her roommate "after I 'stood him up,' and the rest is history. We spent every day that week together, and just about every day since. Two years later, I wouldn't change a thing. I'm the luckiest girl in the world."


LAUREN & NATE

Lauren met her husband Nate in her senior year of college. She and her best friend had just turned in their big capstone projects for their majors, and went to their favorite bar afterward to celebrate. That day, the bar had a pitcher special, and Lauren and her friend--dressed clad in matching "SENIORS" t-shirts--ordered a few pitchers. Lauren said they "were absolutely ridiculous." Later, Lauren's friend spotted a familiar guy at a pool table, and thought he was cute. So Lauren and her friend walked over to say hi and join the guy and his friend Nate for another game of pool. Nate sank the 8-ball on his turn, thus losing the game. Lauren says, "He lost the game, and I kissed him. True story. And it was history from there." Lauren and Nate have been married for 12 years, and have two beautiful children. 

ALEX & ELEANOR

Alex says, "We met at a party, but it wasn’t one either of us should have been at. I had only 3 hours of sleep [the night before], worked for most of a Saturday, and was hungry and dead tired by the time I got home at 8 PM. Even though the party was two hours from where I lived, I figured 'screw it,' filled the car up with gas, snacks, booze, and Red Bull, and began driving. At the party, I was hanging out by the drinks, and the cute girl standing next to me (which may not have been an accident by either of us) stuck out her hand and said, 'Hi, I’m Eleanor. I’m new.' Throughout the rest of the night, we had the wittiest, quickest conversation I’d ever had with someone at a party, and found out we had an obscene amount of things in common (including the fact that neither of us lived nearby, and only barely knew the host). I had never clicked with anyone so quickly before, let alone someone I found so attractive. It was unreal. Before she left the party, I asked her out, more directly and confidently than I had with anyone before. I knew I couldn’t afford to let this chance just slip away. Thankfully, she said yes, and we’ve been dating for the past 5 months."



Helene in Between


How did you meet your loved one?

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home