<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.athoughtandahalf.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

06 November 2014

#TBT Fashion Trends of Years Past

We've all gone through our closets or looked back at old pictures and wondered, why in the world did I ever let myself out of the house wearing that? Or even better, why in the world did I ever own that in the first place? Well, this Throwback Thursday post is dedicated to those items. I asked some of my friends at school about their retrospective fashion favorites. We all had some great (or not so great) memories to share. While I wish I had space and time to share all of them, here are the ones we agreed on most! How many of these do y'all remember?

Plaid shorts - especially plaid Bermuda shorts. I had so many plaid shorts--Bermuda style and not--and I loved them. The problem is, I wore them way longer than I should have. Want to know the worst part? They all came from Aeropastale. I know, the shame.


Polo shirts - I went through a big polo phase, and I went through it hard. At one time, I'm pretty sure I had a polo shirt in every color (except red, I think). I thought I was so classy wearing polos...man, college-freshman Kate, you were really just a little lame. But hey, at least I never layered polos, or even worse, popped my collars. 



Keds "Glide" shoes - Sneakers with the convenience of not having to tie and untie every time. While they sounded like a good idea in theory, and they were pretty comfortable, as a fashion choice, ehh, debatable. It really looked like we just were stepping on the heels of our shoes and mashing them down. Nope...the shoes were actually made like that. If I had a dime for every time I got asked that question, I probably could have paid my tuition. At least they made Birkenstocks look fashionable. I'm sure these are more suitable for adults, but for an 11-year-old? Not so much. 


Limited Too "bubble shirts" - and last but not least...who remembers Limited Too at all? 10-12-year-old Kate had a love/hate relationship with this store. I loved all the colors and glitter--every store looked like Kesha had thrown a party there the night before--but sizing never worked for me. I outgrew it quicker than I could wear it. Anyway, while I may have owned a few shirts with adorable animals on them, or that had "DANCER" sprawled across the front in giant pink or purple letters, I must say I never owned a bubble shirt. Were they even comfortable?



Aren't we all glad these trends faded away? I was more than happy to say goodbye to popped collars and Aeropastale shorts. 

What was in your closet that you're not so proud of now?

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home