<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.athoughtandahalf.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

13 September 2013

The Top Ten Challenge

Almost every music-related conversation I have with my friends ultimately results in a ranking of our top five or top ten favorite songs.  I'm never able to choose just five, so I always stretch my list out to top ten.  And that's still pretty difficult.

So, a shorter than usual playlist for today...here's my attempt at my top ten favorite songs, ever, in no particular order (except maybe alphabetically).



  1. Burnin' For You -- Blue Oyster Cult -- No real explanation for this, except that it's just a fantastic song.
  2. Paperback Writer -- Beatles -- I used to call this my theme song when I wanted to write novels.  I still want to get published, but in a different genre.  I've found my calling in nonfiction and essays instead of novels.  Maybe I'll still be famous one day.
  3. Friends in Low Places (The Long Version) -- Garth Brooks -- No shame in the fact that my mom and I definitely blast this with the sunroof wide open whenever the opportunity arises.  And yes, I do know all the words to the "mysterious third verse."
  4. The Load Out/Stay -- Jackson Browne -- Just the greatest.  Wish I could have seen him live in his prime.  I bet he was incredible.
  5. One Way Ticket (Because I Can) -- LeAnn Rimes -- I remember when this song first came out.  LeAnn Rimes was only 13 or 14 years old, and she's been a star ever since.
  6. I'm a Believer -- The Monkees -- The Smash Mouth version of this song does not exist in my world.  It's The Monkees or nothing.
  7. Absolutely (Story of a Girl) -- Nine Days -- You cannot tell me you don't hear the first two words of this song and don't start rocking out immediately.
  8. The Ballroom Blitz -- Sweet -- If I could go back to my dancing days, I would definitely do a tap solo to this song.  It'd be perfect.
  9. How Do You Like Me Now?! -- Toby Keith -- One of the greatest country songs ever recorded, by one of the greatest country artists to ever live.
  10. Ocean Avenue -- Yellowcard -- Duh... 

P.S. Choosing ten is way harder than it sounds.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home