<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.athoughtandahalf.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

05 January 2012

Caffeinated and Happy


I love coffee.  I live on it.  It runs through my veins like blood.  At school, I go through an average of three cups a day, sometimes four depending on my workload and schedule.  Basically, coffee is necessary to my continued health.

This year I wanted a coffee maker in my dorm room so I would not have to buy a cup or three every day.  My parents bought me a wonderful little Keurig single-cup coffee brewer, and I must say I have never loved any other kitchen appliance more than I love the Keurig brewer.  It’s simple to use and requires very little upkeep and cleanup.  You simply fill the top with water (amount of water poured in = amount of coffee received), place a K-cup in its compartment, hit ‘Brew,’ and in less than three minutes you will have a piping hot cup of deliciousness. 

Oh, it is love.


Anyway…my mom’s parents are not exactly the coffee fanatics my parents and I are.  Mom says they didn’t drink a whole lot of it when she was growing up; if they did, it was “instant” coffee, or they bought it from someplace like McDonalds or Bojangles.  They did not start brewing their own until way later in their lives.  The brewer they use is quite old and outdated, and doesn’t always work like it used to.  We were reminded of this fact the first morning we stayed with them over our Christmas visit.  It was such a pungent reminder that my mom and I quickly decided that something had to be done about it.  We needed our coffee!

So we got them a Keurig. 

At first we were even apprehensive about that; who knew if they could handle the technology?  But the situation was so dire that we were willing to risk it.  We found a brewer like the one I have in my dorm at the local Target, picked up a few boxes of K-cups, and went back to show them their new kitchen addition.

I have never seen my grandparents so amazed at a single object as they were at the coffee maker. 

“You mean…it only makes one cup at a time?”

“Yes.  And you can make any of these flavors you want.”

“And it’s so easy to clean up.  Watch…”

“Hazelnut…French vanilla…ooh, hot chocolate!  Tea!  Decaf!  Wow!  This is fantastic!”

Needless to say, the Keurig was a hit.  My grandparents quickly learned how to use it, and now enjoy delicious coffee (and tea, hot chocolate, and cider) at their leisure.  And my parents and I are quite satisfied that we can now have good coffee while we’re there, too.  Win-win for all.

Coffee makes me happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home