<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.athoughtandahalf.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

19 May 2015

Life Lately {almost a Master}

Happy Tuesday, y'all! Life has been an adventure lately, especially as my graduate program comes to a close. I can't believe I graduate with my Master of Arts degree this Thursday! Back in August, the director of the program (and one of my favorite professors) told us, "This will be the slowest and fastest 10 months of your lives." He wasn't kidding!

Anyway, here's a little catch-up on what I've been up to lately, aside from slaving away at my thesis project and job-searching. 

Well, okay, I do have to talk about my thesis project a little bit. Since February, I have been building an educational website about type-2 diabetes for young adults. Building, designing, writing all the content for it... the whole nine yards. I'll present it on Wednesday at our annual thesis exhibition, where my 30 classmates will be showing off their awesome work, too. Here's a glimpse of the home page of my project:

sugarcoated: a website about managing type-2 diabetes


Want to follow along during the exhibition? Follow me on Twitter, and follow my program's Twitter page for updates! 

On the "blog rebrand" front, I've done some work and research toward that. I've got my colors and fonts nailed down, which helps in the design process. The domain is mine as well, and Wordpress is loaded and ready to go there. I almost changed my mind about using Wordpress, but I talked myself back into it. Talking to my blog and Twitter friends about their experiences and getting their advice really helped me commit to my original plan, and to explore my options within Wordpress (and y'all, there are thousands). I'll write more about that learning curve in a later post. But for now, here's a sneak peek at my new theme. This is not final, but you can expect something very similar to this in my rebrand aesthetic!

a thought and a half blog

When I'm not working on my thesis project, job searching and applying, or tinkering with Wordpress and blog stuff, I've really embraced cooking and baking as a new creative outlet. Food Network is slowly becoming my most-watched channel, on TV and on Netflix. When I was younger, I loved being in the kitchen with my mom; in high school I started baking. Now I want to learn to cook for real so I can impress people at dinner parties. Last week I bought one of The Pioneer Woman's cookbooks and have been playing with some of the recipes in that. 


"Spread" cookie bars... with a hint of orange, for my dad!
I seriously can't believe the school year is almost over. My parents and boyfriend will be here to celebrate the end of my educational career with me. I'll be a little absent on here for the next few days while I'm celebrating and getting my next steps squared away. But rest assured I will be back next week to tell y'all all about graduation and what's next.

What's exciting in y'alls lives right now? Do you know anyone graduating this year? Are YOU graduating?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home