<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.athoughtandahalf.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

03 January 2014

Five on Friday: 2014 Resolutions

Hi y'all, and Happy 2014! This is my first post of the new year, and my first post showing off my new design. Maybe I'll keep this one for a while.

In honor of a new year, I thought I would dedicate this week's Five on Friday to my 2014 resolutions. I want to create resolutions that I know are realistic for myself, and that I will actually keep, at least for a while. So with that said...


1. Learn to cook -- I can make mac & cheese and crock pot meatballs, but that won't get me very far once I'm really living on my own. I'd love to learn some chicken dishes, and maybe some pork or beef, too. I can't rely on school meal plans for much longer! Also, I need to put these awesome Pyrex casserole dishes to use.



2. Travel to somewhere completely new and foreign -- I've decided I like traveling. I want to see more places, in America and across the world. There are so many places I haven't been, and I want to change that. Maybe this summer?

Maybe Canada?

Maybe Switzerland?

3. Write every day -- Seriously, I want to do this. Someone hold me to it. Whether it be on here, in a notebook, or on a scrap of paper during class, I'm going to write something every day.



4. Learn "Sell Out" on guitar -- You know, the Reel Big Fish song? Yeah, one day, I'm going to learn this and play it myself, except the acoustic version.



5. Take care of me -- Physically, emotionally, mentally...whatever it means and whatever it takes, I'm going to be a better "me" this year.




Happy 2014, y'all! Make this year the best! 

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 3, 2014 at 5:28 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Friday! I found you through the blog hop. I have some of the same resolutions. I really like that idea of writing every day. I have a journal and my blog and I really want to write something every day too. I have also vowed to take care of me and be a better version of myself. Good luck with your resolutions!

 
At January 3, 2014 at 6:25 PM , Blogger Alyson said...

It's funny what you talk about in #5 because I was JUST telling my husband tonight that instead of making a goal to lose weight this year, I am making one to just feel healthier. The whole losing weight has been a goal of mine for the past 6 years but hasn't been a good motivator. But I have a feeling just wanting to feel better all around will be:)

Cheers,
Alyson

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home