<data:blog.pageTitle/>

This Page

has moved to a new address:

http://www.athoughtandahalf.com

Sorry for the inconvenience…

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service

13 June 2013

5 on Friday ep. 1

One day, I was browsing through Carolina Charm, one of the many blogs I follow, and I found this link-up thing called 5 on Friday, and I wanted to give it a shot.  It looks fun and easy, so why not?

If you want to join the fun, too, just save the 5 on Friday logo at the bottom of this post, include it in each of your 5 on Friday posts, and link up to Carolina Charm (or any of her sister blogs).  

Let's do it!

1. As you may have read in my previous post, I got a last-minute ticket for an awesome production of my favorite Shakespeare comedy, The Taming of the Shrew, at the Globe Theatre in London.  Greatest life decision ever.  Okay, maybe not the greatest, but it came close.

2. Tonight I went to St. Martin in the Fields at Trafalgar Square for a "Baroque Extravaganza" concert. St. Martin has a concert series that runs year-round, featuring some of the best ensembles London (and beyond) has to offer.  Concerts are held at lunchtime and by candlelight at night.  Prices for candlelight concerts are reasonable, and lunchtime concerts are perfect because they're free.  Tonight's "Baroque Extravaganza" featured the London Festive Orchestra, a small string chamber with a harpsichord.  They played pieces by Mozart, Bach, Vivaldi and Pachelbel, all of which I love.  It was a fantastic way to end the day, and brought back memories of my violin-playing days.

Not the greatest photo, but St. Martin ^

This was one of the pieces they performed tonight: Vivaldi's Concerto for Two Violins in a minor.  I played this as a duet with my friend at my last violin recital in high school.  It was so fun, and it was great to hear it again and see it performed.



3. I really really want a peanut butter-banana-chocolate smoothie right now.  

4. Tonight, I'm seeing Othello at the National Theatre and I could not be more excited! ...except maybe for the last night we're here, when we'll be seeing Macbeth at the Globe.  Close call there.

5. Tomorrow, I am going to Cambridge to visit Josh and Seb and their family!  We went to school together in Atlanta, and then separated and moved away from one another in 2006 when I moved to Pennsylvania and they moved to England. This will be the second time in seven years we've all seen each other, and I am so ready to see them and catch up for the weekend!

Our last reunion in 2011.  Reunion 2013 will be great!

And there's my first of what I hope will be many 5 on Fridays!

Want to join?  Just post your "5 on Friday" and include the logo below!  Your 5 could be 5 great things about the day, the week, or anything you just want to share.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home